Monday, June 28, 2010

'Get Him to the Greek' 1 (long) Sentence Review


Yesterday's lazy Sunday movie choice was 'Get Him to the Greek'. Lets face it, the trailer doesn't really sell the movie. If anything, I was repelled by it. However, the movie has been getting decent reviews and I do like Russell Brand (in a purely sexual way). Also, it's a spin-off of 'Forgetting Sarah Marshall' which I really enjoyed. So aside from justifying why I went to see it, here is my 1 sentence review:

Jonah Hill is large n lovely, Brand plays a typical rock star -boozing, babes and blow, Puff Daddy/P Diddy etc made me lol several times, it's slow to start, pacing gets better, Apatow's raunchy humour distracts from the weak plot, drop in several outragous sex scenes and finish it off with the predictable 'drugs are bad' moral lesson and you've got yourself a 6.5/10 star movie.

This is my opinion of course. But there are a few things to consider before going to see this:
  • Do you like Judd Apatow's movies (The Hangover, Knocked Up, Funny People, Stepbrothers...the list goes on)?
  • Do you like Russell Brand (Sexually or otherwise)?
  • Do you like crude jokes?
  • Do you like boobs?
  • Are you male?
If you've answered yes to at least 3 of the above, you'll most probably enjoy this movie.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I liked The Hangover...I even liked Sarah Marshall but this really does look AWFUL! I'm not a fan of P Duffy Piddy Combes so I'm not sure he'll make me laugh?

I hear there's going to be a Hangiver 2 though??

Laurarosep said...

If you're judging it by the trailer it's easy to think that. But really it's not as awful as it looks. PDiddy is also not someone I'd care much for but honestly he's pretty funny in this! Still though, if you have drive to see it I'd say wait for DVD.